Jason Stuart is a Bangor area resident who has dedicated over 20 years of his life to the Bangor Police Department. He started his career in February 2003 as an Officer and climbed the ranks to become a Sergeant in September 2013. He has since been promoted to Lieutenant in April 2022 and continues to serve in that position to this day. He is also a highly respected instructor for the department and the Maine Criminal Justice Academy, having taught courses on various subjects since 2006.
When he is not serving his community, Jason enjoys spending time with his family, which includes his wife, two children, and grandson. His hobbies include traveling, hunting, and ATVing, but he especially loves spending time in the Jackman region. Jason is also active within the community as a Community Active Threat Instructor, teaching others how to prepare for and respond to emergencies.
With his extensive knowledge and experience in law enforcement, as well as his passion for teaching and community involvement, Jason Stuart is a true asset to the Bangor area.
Bangor Police Department – 20 Years
- Officer (February 2003 – September 2013)
- Sergeant (September 2013 – April 2022)
- Lieutenant (April 2022 – Current)
- Instructor – Instructor for Bangor PD and MCJA since 2006
- Methods of Instruction – MCJA – 8/25/2006
- Intoxilyzer Instructor Development – MCJA – 2/8/2008
- Bangor Police “40-hour School” Instructor – 2008 to present
- Maine Crash Reporting System – 2011
- System Administrator 2012
- Emergency Vehicle Operation Course Instructor Development – Brunswick PD – 9/23/11
- Bangor Police Department Active Threat Instructor 2013-Present
- Field Force Instructor Operations and Planning – FEMA – 2017
- SFST Instructor – MCJA – 2018 – Present
- Community Active Threat Instructor 2018 – Present